20th Annual NATA Symposium, Berlin, April 4-5, 2019
Dates & venue
The 20th Annual NATA Symposium on Patient Blood Management, Haemostasis and Thrombosis will take place on April 4-5, 2019 at Maritim proArte Hotel Berlin, Friedrichstraße 151, 1117 Berlin, Germany.
The scientific committee has selected the following topics for plenary sessions:
- Patient Blood Management – Past, Present and Future
- Patient Blood Management in Surgery – Preoperative Preparation
- Patient Blood Management – Does It Work in Children Too?
- Iron Therapy in Special Indications
- Underrated Measures in Patient Blood Management
- Emergency Care of Patients Receiving Antithrombotics
- Best Posters – Presentations and Awards
- Red Blood Cell Transfusion – How Low Can/Should We Go?
- Stop the Bleeding!
- Safety of Blood and Blood Products
- Breaking News
Please click on the link below to view the preliminary scientific programme.
20th Annual Symposium Scientific Programme
Final Programme (PDF version)
The final programme in PDF format can be downloaded here.
20th Annual Symposium Final Programme
The abstract book, which includes abstracts from speakers and e-poster presenters, can be downloaded here.
20th Annual Symposium Abstract Book
E-posters and Best Poster Session
A total of 70 abstracts have been accepted for presentation. Accepted abstracts will be presented as e-posters, and each e-poster will be visited by two moderators during one of the breaks (4 e-poster stations will be available in the exhibition area).
The presenters of the 8 best-rated abstracts have been invited to give a 5-minute presentation followed by a 3-minute discussion during the Best Posters session scheduled on April 4 from 16:40 to 18:10. The 3 best oral communications will selected by audience voting using the “NATA Forum” App.
“NATA Forum” Conference App and Social MediaDownload the NATA Conference App, “NATA Forum”, on the App Store or the Play Store. The conference App will provide you with a wealth of useful information before and during the NATA Symposium, and will give you access to presentation webcasts after the symposium. It will also be needed to participate in the votes during the Best Poster sessions.
Join NATA’s group on LinkedIn and follow NATA on Twitter to receive the latest news on patient blood management, haemostasis and thrombosis, and to participate in discussions with colleagues in the field. During the symposium, share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #NATAforum.
Two satellite symposia, a sponsored lecture and two workshop sessions will take place during lunch breaks (lunch will be provided):
- New Horizons in Patient Blood Management; New Insights and New Challenges – “Pearls of Wisdom”
(satellite symposium organised by Masimo; April 4)
- Overview of New Guidelines and Quality Management in Cell Salvage – An Update
(sponsored lecture organised by Fresenius Kabi; April 4)
- Functional Haemostatic Monitoring: A Hands-On Worskhop for Beginners
(workshop supported by Haemonetics, Hemosonics and Instrumentation Laboratory; April 4)
- Goal-directed Therapy of Bleeding
(satellite symposium organised by CSL Behring; April 5)
- Functional Haemostatic Monitoring: A Hands-On Worskhop for Advanced Users
(workshop supported by Haemonetics, Hemosonics and Instrumentation Laboratory; April 5)
Please click on the link below to view the industry-sponsored programme.
20th Annual Symposium Industry-Sponsored Programme